Self-Service LTL at AM Transport Services
Shipping LTL can offer significant savings if:
- Your freight isn’t time sensitive. LTL freight is sometimes transferred several times before reaching its destination because you are sharing the cost of the full truck with other shippers.
- Your freight can take a little more handling. Because of multiple stops, LTL freight is more vulnerable to damage.
- Your shipment is between 1-6 pallets in size and weighs less than 10,000 lbs.
If you have LTL freight and your provider doesn’t offer a self-service portal, you are missing out on the easiest way to book your freight.
AM Transport’s Self-Service LTL Portal simplifies the LTL shipping process. AMT has been in the logistics industry for 30 years. Our expertise and long-term relationships with a wide-range of carriers means you receive the best service and rates available. With a few pieces of critical information, you’ll be ready to select a carrier, enter the load details, and book your shipments!
Here’s how easy it is to book your load through AM Transports LTL portal:
- First you’ll gather the necessary information. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Origin city and zip code.
- Destination city and zip code.
- Specific commodity including NMFC# and Freight Class.
- LxWxH dimensions and weight of EACH PALLET.
- Any required accessorial charges such as appointment, limited access, liftgate delivery, etc.
- Then you’ll be ready to log into the AMT LTL Self-Service Portal and enter the initial load details (1 and 2 above).
- You’ll receive carrier/rate options and you can select the carrier you prefer.
- You’ll enter the detailed load information (numbers 3-5 above–do not forget NMFC# and Freight Class).
- Now you’re ready to submit for booking through Atlas/DLS API and obtain your Bill of Lading (BOL).
Here at AM Transport Services, our team is committed to our customers and carriers. We’re here 24/7 365 days a year to answer questions and to provide the same great customer service you appreciate. If you have any questions about our new self-service LTL portal, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re only a phone call away. We’d love to get you started!