Do You Need a Freight Broker?
The answer is yes. After all,
making sure your cargo is picked up and delivered on time was difficult before the pandemic rocked the freight market. But now it’s nearly impossible. Logistics managers like you are exhausted by delays, rising freight rates, and limited truck capacity. And there is no end in sight. Most experts believe you’ll be paying higher rates for less capacity well into 2022.
You need relief now.
That’s where a good freight broker comes in.
Lots of midsize manufacturers and distributors believe they save money by keeping their logistics operations in-house. And maybe that was true at one time, but it’s no longer the case. With advanced technology and access to carriers you’d never find on your own, freight brokers provide smart shippers a lot of bang for your hard-earned buck.
But you want to work with a provider with assets–trucks–right?
We hear this a lot at AM Transport Services. And while it might make sense on the surface, if you dig a little deeper you’ll see why working with a non-asset based provider like AMT actually provides you with more flexibility, better rates, and exceptional customer service.
- We don’t own trucks; therefore, we’re not limited by the necessity of using only trucks we own.
- We contract with over 10,000 exceptional trucking companies. These are small to midsize carriers with long business histories, low driver turnover, and excellent safety ratings.
- We have the flexibility of working with intermodal and LTL carriers.
- Most carriers you work with won’t have a dedicated customer service team to take care of your account. You’ll likely be working with one or two office employees who also act as driver and safety managers, dispatchers, and driver recruiters.
- On the other hand, our entire team focuses on customer service. We don’t have voicemail. When you call our office during business hours, you always get a live person. After hours, we have 24/7 emergency availability from one of our expert logisticians.
But that’s not all, when you work with AMT, you gain the full power of advanced technology!
- Shipment tracking. We’ve got that covered. We use electronic logging devices, driver cell phones, and cellular based tracking devices to ensure real-time shipment locations 100% of the time.
- Our transportation management system (TMS) takes care of carrier management, freight execution, visibility and so much more. We offer customized reporting, routing guides, and waterfall tendering. With predictive analytics, we can help you make informed decisions to improve your supply chain processes.
Do you need a freight broker?
The answer is yes! But any old freight broker just won’t do.
You deserve to work with the best freight broker in the midwest, and that’s AM Transport Services. When you combine our state-of-the-art technology with our stellar customer service and our commitment to customer and carrier satisfaction, you can’t go wrong. No, we’re not the biggest broker in town, and we’re proud of that. We get to know you and your business, and you get to know us. And that makes a difference.
We’re here on the job 24/7/365 days a year. Give us a call today.