Appreciating Truck Drivers All Year Long!
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is September 11-17
Here at AM Transport Services, we work with the best carriers in the midwest. They are small to midsize carriers with long business histories, excellent safety ratings, and the best equipment on the road.
They also have the best truck drivers. And as the last few years have taught us, the economy of the United States is dependent on good truck drivers.
Truck drivers work long hours. They are away from their families and friends for extended periods of time. And all too often they are under-appreciated and disrespected. National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is our country’s opportunity to honor truck drivers and the incredibly important work they do.
Did you know?
- There are almost 3.6 million truck drivers in the United States, women and men who transport 10 billions of goods and products every year.
- 97.4% of carriers in the United states have fewer than 20 trucks and 91.3% operate six trucks or less.
- Truck drivers safely transport and deliver over 70% of goods in the United States–from fuel to food to medicine and clothing.
- The average long-haul truck driver travels between 80,000 and 110,000 miles in any given year.
- The average truck driver’s age is 46 years old.
- At least one in 10 truck drivers are veterans which is double the rate of workers in the general workforce.
- Men hold more than 90% of truck driving jobs; however, women who enter the trucking profession have roughly the same earning potential as men.
AM Transport Appreciates Truckers All Year Long
AM Transport Services has been in the logistics business for 33 years and during that time, we’ve had the great fortune to work with some of the best drivers in the industry. We make sure we appreciate our drivers 24/7/365 days a year.
How do we appreciate drivers?
- We pay fast.
- We get to know the drivers and carriers we work with, so we can continue working with them.
- We answer our own phones 24/7. We’re always here to answer driver questions or to address concerns.
- We believe carriers and drivers are our customers and treat them accordingly.
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is September 11-17. Over the next few weeks, we’ll offer a variety of ways you can appreciate the drivers who deliver your goods!