10 Reasons Why You Need a Freight Broker
Freight Broker, outsourced logistics, Shippers, Transportation
The team at AM Transport has been helping manufacturers and distributors deliver their freight to customers for 33 years from our office in Olney, Illinois. We’ve seen the industry through some tough times, most recently the Covid-19 pandemic, and we are constantly learning new and valuable skills to ensure our customers are working with the best carriers in the midwest for the best rates.
If you’re not working with a freight broker, you’re missing out. Here’s why.
10 reasons to work with a freight broker
- You’re operating without a transportation management system (TMS) or with an outdated system. Spreadsheets have their place, for sure, but good technology is important in today’s logistics space.
- You’re tired of inconsistent and unreliable service from logistics partners. We’re talking about dropped loads, late deliveries, tender rejections and everything in between.
- You need custom solutions such as multimodal shipping, expedited and hotshot services, final mile, job site, and white glove LTL.
- You’re embarrassed by your outdated supply chain practices and your customers are frustrated with service failures.
- You need more time to focus on customers and business and less time reacting to transportation issues. (Do you know how much time you spend in any given week reacting?)
- Sourcing carriers is getting more expensive and time-consuming and it’s exposing you to excessive liabilities.
- Your freight budget is out of control.
- You’ve had it with lack of visibility. This includes shipment tracking, reporting, and forecasting.
- You’re overwhelmed with the cost and hassle of taking care of your own transportation needs.
- You and, by extension, your customers are exhausted by changes in the transportation industry and lack of predictability in the freight market, especially in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic.
So what can you do? You can work with a freight broker like AM Transport Services. We offer consistent and reliable truckload services according to unique customer requirements. We match you with premium carriers, make necessary appointments, track shipments, notify customers of payment and delivery, pay carriers and invoice customers. We customize solutions and use integrated technology that streamlines communication and offers full visibility.
5 reasons logistics managers like working with AMT.
- We’re collaborative. Everyone on our team is cross-trained in all aspects of the transportation industry to ensure we don’t miss a beat. And our “no fail” attitude means we always find a solution.
- We study and invest in technology. We stay in front of the trends and are mindful that the best technology is only as good as the folks who are using it.
- We answer our own phones. 24/7/365 days a year. You don’t have time to punch your way up a phone tree or wait on hold for the right person to answer your call.
- We’re building a 100-year company. We aren’t looking for a quick buck, but rather to build relationships that are mutually advantageous.
- With over 33 years of experience helping companies of all sizes in a variety of industries, we’ve seen everything. That sort of experience is invaluable to you.
Don’t wait. Now’s the time to up your logistics game with the team at AM Transport Services. Give us a call with your toughest lane!