Beginner’s Guide to Outsourced Logistics
3 minute read
3PLs and Outsourced Logistics
Third-party logistics (3PL) providers offer a variety of logistics services, and today we’ll take a look at managed freight services or outsourced logistics. Efficient and cost-efficient supply chain practices provide a competitive advantage in today’s marketplace, so many manufacturers are beginning to consider the wide array of benefits conferred when they outsource their logistics operations to an experienced and forward-thinking 3PL.
5 reasons manufacturers should outsource logistics.
- The freight market is notoriously unpredictable. When you outsource logistics to an experienced 3PL, you gain the expertise and knowledge of folks who understand the ups and downs and how to weather disruption when it occurs.
- An out-of-control freight budget causes financial losses you can’t afford. A 3PL who specializes in managed freight services can ensure the advantage of a predictable freight budget along with new opportunities for financial success.
- Services failures and dropped loads cost you customer respect. Your reputation depends on your ability to efficiently complete your customer transactions. An outsourced logistics provider has access to the best carriers (many you would never find on your own) and relationships with logistics professionals all along the supply chain which translates to better service for your customers.
- Sourcing carriers, negotiating contracts, and changing government regulations increasingly expose manufacturers and distributors to excessive liabilities. You don’t have time to stay up on the ever-changing rules, so working with an outsourced logistics provider gives you the added assurance or risk management.
- Transportation Management System (TMS) technology is essential for efficient and optimized logistics operations; however, it’s costly and cumbersome to study, invest in, and implement. When you outsource your logistics to a 3PL with a flexible and secure TMS, you gain an edge over your competitors still using spreadsheets. You’ll benefit from custom data, an integrative portal, DIY reporting. You’ll save money and gain capacity.If you’re interested in learning more about outsourcing logistics, please schedule a call with AM Transport Services. And to find out how much outsourced logistics can save you, click on the link below for a free assessment.
Outsourced Logistics can help you take your business to the next level.
AM Transport Services is a leading provider of outsourced logistics services for manufacturers and distributors who are ready to take their businesses to the next level by getting logistics costs and service failures under control. We’ve been in the transportation business for 30 years, and our team members are experts in the field. When you work with the team at AM Transport Services, you benefit from our proven technology, our exceptional service, and a plan customized to your needs.
If you’re interested in learning more about outsourced logistics services, please schedule a call with AM Transport Services. And to find out how much you can save by outsourcing logistics, click on the link below for a free assessment.